Our client is a Fortune 500 sports brand and retailer that has operations spread across the country
Pan India – Different Seasons
50+ Franchisee Accounts
Company Owned, Franchisee Owned, Digital, Multi-Brand Outlet, Factory Outlets
The client wants to create a big data setup that provides a single version of the truth for Sales, Merchandizing, and Finance teams. Specifically,
Provide real-time visibility to key performance indicators
Once fully functional, the big-data solution should enable insights allowing management and store owners to take immediate action on KPIs at various points of sale.
Create the ability to spot trendy products
In a near real-time manner and ensure stocks are available in the right place.
Create, analyze and maintain Sales Performance reports
Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals.
Communicate financial results, forecasts
Help others learn best practices from the best run stores
Identify what promotions are working
How can they be tweaked for maximum impact?
To create a repeatable process
Enable client to deploy this solution across multiple stores rapidly and cost effectively.
Volume of Raw data comes from,
- Franchisee/Partner data in both Push & Pull form- Emails, Portals, FTP
- 2-3 million rows of data every week from varied sources
TEG team engages with the different stakeholders directly to access data and construct/append to the data warehouse on a regular basis
Incomplete/Incorrect/Corrupt Data from Franchisee
- Store names mismatch
- Blank SKUs
- Item sales not matching bill level sales
- Missing store data
- Duplicate data etc.
Setup an extensive data review on raw data, processed data, and final reports Captured business rules into data transformation engine
Migration of stores from Retail software to another causing data integrity issues
- Missing stores data
- Duplicate data
- Blank barcodes
- Master Franchise and TEG setup a special governance to provide visibility into the transition plan
- Data from stores in transition were handled separately with additional checks to account for the discrepancy
- Manual checks were also put in place
Data for the Outright stores not in ERP system
- Multiple vendors with different ERP systems
- Difficult coordination across stakeholders
Data for the Outright stores not in ERP system A user workshop was conducted and the systems were configured by TEG team to extract data in the desired formats
Receiving data feeds in a timely manner, maintaining a weekly rhythm
- Manual data feeds, not automated
- 30% was not received on time
Regular Follow-ups, Monthly Governance meetings with Master Franchise with timely escalations to management
- Firewall rules blocked applications
- Restricted IP access
Governance meetings with client
Our big data solution has the following features –